Vary your link title text
Links help your rankings but search engines look for evidence of deliberate link building behavior. Since
it would be highly unlikely for a large number of sites to
naturally link to your site using the same exact link text you it
makes sense to vary your own link text.
The more variations the better. We allow you to enter up to 20 different titles with our submission service. If you enter multiple
titles and descriptions we will randomly submit the titles and descriptions
to different directories.
We recommend that titles should be
3-5 words in length. A 2 word title is usually good but many directories
only allow a particular title to be used once in a category. If you have
a short title that is common like "Criminal
it is likely already used in the appropriate category. Your brand can
also be used to make the title unique.
Instead of "Criminal lawyer" a better choice may be something like:
- Criminal lawyer - Chicago
- Chicago Criminal Lawyer
- Criminal lawyer - Chicago, Illinois
- Criminal lawyer - Acme Law Firm
- Criminal lawyer - AcmeLawFirm.com
- AcmeLawFirm Criminal law - Chicago
- Acme Law Firm (some titles should be based on your brand)
- Acme Law Firm - Chicago
- AcmeLawFirm Criminal law
- AcmeLawFirm.com (some titles should be your domain)
If you choose short titles please include
some alternate titles in the additional titles box so that we would have
alternatives whenever required.
- the title should not be a list of keywords or keyword phases
- avoid using superlatives (e.g. best, greatest)
- do not use ALL CAPS
- do not use things that will change over time, like prices or promotions.
- all lowercase letters are not accepted by some directories.
Vary your link descriptions
Using unique description. The page that your site is
listed has a better chance of getting indexed in the main search engine
indexes if it is unique. Google is also likely getting better at analyzing
the text surrounding a link. It would be unnatural for a website to
always have the exact same text next to link anchor text. Just a couple
of small things to think about.
Descriptions should be between 150 and 250 characters. Many directories
now require a minimum of 150 characters. Punctuation and spaces are counted as characters.
Describe features and benefits of your product or service.
- the description should not be a list of keywords or keyword phases
- avoid describing things that change over time such as prices or specials
- avoid sounding overly promotional
- avoid using too many superlatives (best, greatest)
- do not capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word
- try to minimize spelling and grammar errors.